Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Monday, January 25, 2010

close-up on tomatoes

Sometimes it happens: our meal is incredibly tasty, but not photogenic. Let me assure you this all tasted wonderful!


Pork chops baked with garlic, red onions, thyme, olive oil, white wine and chicken stock
Scalloped potato gratin with cheddar cheese and thyme (needless to say this cheesy goodness stole the show)
Tomato salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar




To compensate for the lackluster photo of dinner, allow me to present...TOMATOES!
The tomato salad made it on the plate tonight because I was oddly craving tomatoes (or maybe this isn't odd, since I spent all day Saturday taking pictures of them!) and insisted that we find a way to work them into our meal. Again here's a chance for my mom to laugh, since I refused to eat tomatoes - or lettuce that had been tainted by tomato-juice - until a little over a two years ago. What was I thinking?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I guess this means I no longer have to avoid tomato pulp contaminating lettuce by using cherry tomatoes in our salads when you come home...I shouldn't make fun of you on this one..I didn't like tomatoes as a kid.
    Great pic.

    ReplyDelete