Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Monday, September 6, 2010

healthy AND satisfying? incredible but true

Here is both the mystery and the triumph of tonight's dinner: it was remarkably satisfying, without any of the usual suspects normally associated with "deeply satisfying to eat" like melted cheese, mayonnaise or deep frying. I know - it is shocking.

I think the "satisfaction" can be attributed to a combination of the lentils, which have a great texture, and the way the capers in the sauce lent a slight - but not overpowering - caper-ness to the whole dish. I should also mention that I hate the texture of eggplant, but mixed in with the lentils I didn't even notice it (the texture, not the flavor).


Pan-fried cod served over eggplant strips (sauteed with garlic, vinegar and white wine), and lentils, topped with a white wine, shallot and caper sauce, garnished with fresh cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment