Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Thursday, October 29, 2009

MYO...ravioli!

Okay, this is a lot less impressive than it sounds because of the genius idea of using wonton wrappers instead of making our own pasta dough (which I can't take credit for as I got the idea from this post on Love and Olive Oil). But I will pat myself on the back for this meal, because it was totally my vision and my boyfriend was just my assistant.


Butternut squash ravioli: butternut squash, mascarpone cheese, sage & thyme
Pumpkin butter sauce: pumpkin butter, butter, mascarpone, parmesean
Garnished with chopped apple and toasted pine nuts


The pumpkin butter sauce/apple combination is my favorite thing my boyfriend and I have discovered this fall, so no complaints there. What we need to figure out is what we could have added to cut the richness of the filling. It was delicious, but filled the mouth in a way that was sort of like eating a spoonful of peanut butter...but awesome peanut butter...We froze some of the uncooked ravioli for a rainy day, so any suggestions are much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds too yummy. I wonder if maybe a less rich sauce would help.

    ReplyDelete