Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Butternut Squash Tart: My First Ever Recipe!

The last two times my boyfriend and I made butternut squash tarts this fall we followed recipes I found on the web. This time, we were crazy: I took my favorite parts from the two previous tarts and combined them, NO RECIPE!!! I took charge of the kitchen, told my boyfriend what tasks I needed him to do, and I executed my vision. The end result was pretty amazing. There are some small things we would change next time, but overall I'm basically awesome.



Butternut squash tart:
- combine two defrosted store-bought pie crusts into a ball, then roll out into one sheet
- in a bowl combine cubed butternut squash, caramelized onions & garlic, bacon, goat cheese, grated parmesean and sage
- put squash goodness into center of dough, leaving a 1 inch border
- fold over edges of crust
- bake for approx. 1 hour at 375







Seared pork chop
Sauteed mustard greens
Butternut squash tart

3 comments:

  1. "but overall I'm basically awesome." lol.. way to go!
    Yes, you are awesome. This looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete