Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Saturday, March 13, 2010

i like brussel sprouts!

Brussel sprouts have to be the most cliche food to dislike, but I promise you my dislike was real. My boyfriend made them once or twice in the fall, and I still wasn't crazy about them. But a few weeks ago I tried deep fried brussel sprouts, and it totally changed my life - I actually kept going back for more! With the fried brussel sprouts in mind, I was the one who suggested buying some today. We didn't fry them, but eating them that way once must have triggered something in my brain about the flavor of brussel sprouts, because I loved them tonight, too! I'm really excited to try grating or shredding brussel sprouts - I have seen that on a number of food blogs recently, and think that maybe this possibility was at the back of my mind when I wanted to buy them today. Stay tuned...


Slow-cooked pork roast
Cremini mushroom and gruyere sauce
Parsnip puree
Sauteed brussel spouts (marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and I'm sure garlic was involved at some point somewhere....)

No comments:

Post a Comment