Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

what's NOT in this salad?

The weather has already become humid and muggy. It's the kind of weather that makes the thought of a big heavy meat-and-potatoes meal (i.e. what we had last night!) the most nauseating thing in the world. I was thinking about some great salads I've had with smoked trout, and figured that there was no reason we couldn't try something similar with chilled grilled trout. Plus we still have a ton of CSA lettuce. I presented this idea to my boyfriend, and he just ran with it. So I think this still qualifies as "my vision", but I'll give full points to my boyfriend for execution, and for his thorough exhaustion of our fridge and pantry.


Green leaf salad with grilled trout, tomato, roasted red pepper, capers, mayonnaise and a warm bacon, garlic, onion, carrot and pinenut topping, finished with parmesean cheese

Served with toasted pita with garlic, parmesean cheese and green onion

No comments:

Post a Comment