Last night we planned to grill with our neighbors. I thought that we had established our plan food-wise (veal chops, summer squash), when out of nowhere and my boyfriend decided to whip up this extremely satisfying crispy potato snack for us to munch on while we waited for the grill to heat up. I have no clue where this idea came from or how it popped into my boyfriend's head, but this was definitely a success. Is it still considered "snacking" when the entire bowl is emptied within minutes of being set down?
Crispy Potato "Peels"
- using a potato peeler, literally "peel" an entire potato
- marinate"peels" in olive oil and garlic
- spread peels over a cooling rack on a baking pan
- bake in the oven until crispy (approx. 30 minutes)
- place peels in a bowl, season with salt to taste, and enjoy!