Monday, October 18, 2010
- sautee onions until caramelized
- add beef bouillon cube and water
- let simmer until onions are melty
- while soup is simmering, cut bread into cubes and toast to make croutons
- put soup in ramekins, add croutons then top with a slice of cheese (preferably gruyere, but we used swiss and it was great)
- place under broiler until cheese begins bubble
Ta-da! Slightly sweet, soupy, bready (and most importantly) cheesy goodness! Seriously, if you aren't picking the melted cheese off the side of the bowl, you've done something wrong.