Aphorisms from the Professor: Brillat-Savarin

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In this week's box...


1 eggplant
5 hot peppers
2 apples
5 turnips
3 green peppers
1 onion
2 butternut squash
5 beets


We are really excited about our box this week - lots of items we haven't received yet. We also learned that the leaves of turnips and beets should be cut before storing, otherwise they will suck the moisture out of the root. The leaves need to be used within a few days, but the roots can last for at least a week or so (which is good news, given all the produce we have accumulated - seriously, we have an entire drawer in our fridge that is filled with peppers and apples!)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely delicious! You guys did great with your farm box!
    Can your boyfriend help me :-)...Went to the North Georgia mountains this past weekend. I brought home 20lbs of fresh apples, 10lbs of sweet potatoes, jars of chow-chow and 10 dozen eggs! What the heck! I could not resist and now I better get cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a farm box so I can make yummy dishes like this.

    ReplyDelete